Hop til indhold

When pigs fly

Lonny

Denne bog bør du læse hvis nedenstående får dig til at grine og kikke på din egen hund og nikke genkendende til beskrivelsen :lol:

Jeg er nu i gang med at læse bogen for tredie gang, for det første så er den sjov, for det andet giver det håb til os der en gang i mellem ønskede at vi i stedet havde købt en border collie :blink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider the following descriptions of three succesfull performance dogs. Do any of them resemble your dog?

Dog number ond is "The Bolter". She attends basic obedience class. With one leash correction she slows down. If the correction is repeated, she stops. If a third try is hazarded, she sits down like a mule and patently refuses to move. When off leash however, this dog has no trouble moving very rapidly. Undfortunately, she is eneraly moving very rapidly in the wrong direction. She does not give a rat's behind about what her handler wants her to do. It takes a great deal of sweaty and frustration effort just to capture her after she runs of. Sometimes she actually has to be tackled.

Dog number two is "The Maniac." Hi is so highly excitable that his heart literally beats out of control when he is in public. He has to be on beta-blocker medication to (in the words of his vet) "keep him from keeling over". Even a walk down the street is out of the question. Anytime he meets a strange person or dogs his heart races, his tongue turns black, and he collapses on the ground.. Sometimes his excitement is so great that he vomits and loses control of his bowels. One time he became so over stimulated by a visit from a neighbor that veterinary intervention was rewuired to save his life.

Dog number three is "The Dud". She carefully and precisely follows her handler - at a walk. Toys, food, praise, and handler gyrations bring absolutely no change in her pace. She has two speeds - dead slow or stopped.

After reading these descriptions, you may find yourself re-reading my first sentence. "Did she say succesfull performance dogs?". Yes, I did . These are my Bull Terriers, and they all have gone on t great performance careers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pig-tionary

Biddable: willing to carry out the whishes of others; amenable, compliant, conformable, docile, obedient, submissive, supple, tractable (Roger II: The new Thesaurus, Third Edition 1995). These are qualities hath have been highly prized by breeders of working dogs throughout the centuries. Carefull breedin over thousands of years has cultivated dogs that have an enclination to both work with and take direction form man. If you are reading this book, you probably do not have one of those dogs. If you laughed when you read the definnition of biddable you definitely do not have one of those dogs.

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Mmmh sjovt! Jeg synes faktisk jeg kan genkende min Buster i The Maniac! :shock::genert:

Jeg kan bla. huske min dyrelæge spurgte hvad pokker jeg havde gjort ved ham for da hun så ham første gang som 9 ugers var han roligheden selv, da hun så ham næste gang 4 måneder gammel var han omdøbt af alle til Turbo-Tossen ! :vuf::lol:

Jeg kan genkende lidt af Luna i dem alle tre, det afhænger af hvor henne i verden vi er :lol:

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites