Hop til indhold

Dogtrekking

Gæst Katkak

Gæst Katkak

Hi,

I haven´t found anything about dogtrekking in Denmark. Is there any club which organizes it? I am moving to Aarhus from the Czech republic in 3 weeks with my 2 dogs and I would like to work with them there too. Their main hobbies are dogfrisbee (distance competitions), bikejoring and dogtrekking (only MID tracks, about 40 km) :-). I found club for sleddogs, which do bikejoring competitions, but nothing about dogtrekking :-(

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Katkak

Dogtrekking is walking with dog who has harness for a long distance, mainly 80-100 km, but besides these long distances there are also shorter categories on competitions, such MID about 40 km or short about 25 km.

dogtrek.jpg

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

I'm not personally aware of what's going on in the Århus area, but generally Denmark is a little conservative when it comes to dog sports. Whe have yet to embrace popular sports like flyball, disc dogs etc. As for trekking, I think maybe the landscape plays a part. You'd be hard pressed to find a 100 km route in Denmark, that doesn't include busy roads and urban areas.

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Katkak

Well, it could be the reason. I hope I will find some tracks to walk alone. I don´t have to walk 100 km, for me 40 is ideal and I know that some countries do only these MID competitions, not those long, maybe this could be possible in Denmark too :-)

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites