Hop til indhold

New Here and in DK

Gæst mjlaye

Hi,

I am a double newbie. Both new to the forum and pretty new to Denmark.

My fiancee and I have two dogs:

Charlie Parker a 6 year old 12kg Boarder Collie/Papillion mix and Otis a 5 year old Terrier/Chihuahua mix.

They both traveled with us from the US and enjoying life in a new country. We are certainly grateful for the relatively easy task of getting them over here.

We live in Amager and really enjoy being a 15 min walk to Amagerstrand for daily walks.

Charlie enjoys runing with me in the winter (when he does not overheat and has a 5k personal best of 16:21), chasing the ball, and has a new found love of ocean water ;)

Otis enjoys entertaining himself with squeaky toys, chasing birds, and barking at himself in the mirror.

I am a researcher at Righospitalet in the laboratory of Bente Klarlund Pedersen. We study mainly the effects of exercise and physical activity on health and disease, and I can say with what little authority I have that walking the dog is good for the dog, but probably even better for the owner. My fiancee is still looking for a job in the social media, journalism, or public relations fields.

I hope that we can meet some other dog lovers and also find some people willing to look after the dogs when we travel back to the US or take advantage of living in Europe.

Regards,

Matt

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Hello and welcome!! :vinken:

I hope you and your fiancee will love it here in Denmark :-D

Your dogs sounds great - I'd love to see pictures of them :hjerte:

Sometimes I join Sonja77 (from this forum) and her cute pomeranienmix Tyson on a trip to Amager Strand (of course also with my own dog, a bichon frisé called Lumi) - and it really is a great place for dogs to run and have fun :klap: Awesome that you live so close to it :5up:

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst WhoLetTheDogsOut

Welcome to this Forum and Denmark :vinken: .

Hope you, your fiancee and the dogs will enjoy to be over here.

Good you are living in CPH, its here all the things is happening. :lol:

Did you four came over here because you got a job at Rigshospitalet or? :-)

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Hi and welcome to the forum and to Denmark:-D

Your dogs sounds lovely, and I hope to see pics soon:-D

I used to work just next to Amager Strand, a lovely spot. I've even been for a walk there with Siri from this site, as she were over at Sjælland with Carla, her coton.

I hope you'll all get well settled here in Denmark. Do you know how long you're here for?

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Welcome :vinken:

Hope you get settled alright and are able to find your way round the site.

All the forum topics are of course in Danish but feel fra to ask all the quistions you might have (about dogs and other stuff ie living in Denmark).

/Mette

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Hi there and welcome to both Denmark and this great doggie-forum :vinken:

As you might have guessed, we would looooove to see some pictures of your two dogs - I'm really curious to se the outcome of a border collie/Papillion - mix :lun:

Sounds like you've found a perfect place to settle down, both for you, your fiancee and your two dogs. There is actually lots of opportunities for great walks even though you live in the city (the metro can take you to alot of green places in no-time ;-))

Hope you'll enjoy your time in here and of course in Denmark aswell :vuf:

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites