Hop til indhold

RAW

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

Hey guys. Sorry for disturbing danish forum with my non-danish messages, but I want some help from you. Anybody feeding their dog RAW? Would be nice to hear, where is the best places to shop (nordjylland), what are the prices, is the supermarket meat suitable for dogs and so so on... :roll:

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Hello and welcome. :5up:

I'm a little bit curious why you are asking. Are you going on a holiday to DK? There's alot of people feeding raw here. :-D

Yes you can use super market meat. It is suitable for you, therefore it's also suitable for your dog. Some people prefer organic, but you can expect to pay a little more (unless you find a good deal).

Many people use local butchers, which I would recommend over supermarket meat. The meat tastes alot better. :mums:

There's a difference in the quality of the meat, if it's a good butcher at least..:P You might get a discount aswell, if you can make a deal with the butcher, or buy meat that's close to expiring. You can't go wrong if the meat is for human consumption :-D

There is no way to give you exact prices, since it depends on location and quality. Perhaps you can get a chicken for 20-40 danish kr? 1-2 kg.

I hope this was a little helpfull. Feel free to ask again, if you have any other questions :-D (P.s I don't live in Nordjylland ;))

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

We are students at Aalborg, and we are getting a dog, so that's I'm asking.

maybe someone from Aalborg could tell about exact places? :confused: We don't really know where to start looking.

And how much does anyone pays around for one month raw feeding? I'm just curious about that one ;-) I know it won't be the same, but it's good to have some price to be oriented to. Rhe dog will be 40-50kg tho.

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

I feed raw, and I would suggest that you buy meat at the supermarket, you can also get chicken thighs etc there.

I don't live anywhere near Aalborg, so I'm not sure where raw-feeders find meaty bones in that area. Hopefully someone will be around shortly to help:-D

I think I use about 300 danish kroner pr month to feed my labrador. She only weighs 27 kg and I buy most of my meat/bones at a butcher (not one of those in town, but the big factory one:-D)

And welcome :-D

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

There are several barf- dealerships around the country where you can buy all the bones, meats and supplements you'll need.. A quick google search revealed these places in Aalborg, but there may be more:

Barf Aalborg

KONGHUND

Its also possible to order meat and bones online, and get it delivered frozen to your door (usually in 14 kg boxes)

I have a small dog, so for bones i tend to use chicken drumsticks og thighs from the supermarket. Also most butchers will sell beef bones, if they have them, though the prices vary from almost free to quite expensive.

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

Already contacted konghund, will go by to see what they have on wednesday. as far as I saw from their facebook page, they are offering a lot of chopped meat and bones, and that's the difference between barf and raw, that I am looking for big, not chopped pieces :) thank you!

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

The first link is great! I think I found what I needed - with all the price lists, quite a lot of different food and very close to our home. I tried searching on google yesterday, but I guess my danish knowledge isn't that good yet, so haven't found that one. ah, you saved me :)

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

The first link is great! I think I found what I needed - with all the price lists, quite a lot of different food and very close to our home. I tried searching on google yesterday, but I guess my danish knowledge isn't that good yet, so haven't found that one. ah, you saved me :)

:5up:

Glad I could help - and good luck with project dog in denmark!

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

kong hund wrote, that if we want, they can order some meat, so there's our hope :) for now we bought a whole 5kg turkey with all the insides - will be enough for a week i think :) i found some meat shops, so I'll try to be friends with them as well :) Supermarkets are not very bad, just very expensive. And I couldn't find chicken necks, backs or hearts, only pork heart, and as I know, it's a little fat for dog, so it shouldn't be given often :)

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Chicken hearts is only availebel frozen in the supermarkets.

I shop at Kong Hund, and they can order frosen meat in chuncks - But because they don't sell that much of it, they usually says that you must buy a whole box (about 8 kg)

My dog weighs about 9,5 kilos and his meat costs about 200-300 kroner per month including salmonoil :-)

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

Could you tell at what supermarkets can i find chicken hearts? We live in skalborg, so i searched at bilka - nothing :)

spent quite a lot of time to find chicken with insides, but found only turkey or goose. will do :)

p.s. is it normal that 2.4kg duck costs 60kr? Or is with discounts? Quite cheap, comparing to chicken, so if it's with discount i should stock up :D

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

It's usually a small red package from Danpo. It's found next to frozen chickens and is named "Kyllingehjerter" at danish.

I don't really know about the price of duck - But quite often a duckleg is on discount, and can be bought for about 10-15 kroner.

Just found af link that shows chickenhearts Danske Kyllingehjerter Danpo - EAN 5789000062342 - SuperBest.dk

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites

Gæst Nolda Vilkai

I already know most of meat names in danish :) so i guess bilka didn't have them, only pork hearts... And also ribs - only pork ones in bilka. i guess we'll look in superbest then :)

could someone tell me about the duck prices then? it's a whole duck with insides - heart, stomach, kidneys and etc.. only for 60 kr, i wonder if I should stock up now or the price will remain the same after. however, strange to see a whole birg of almost 2.5kg for such low price

Link til indlæg
Del på andre sites